Hey, All my crazy friends who want to learn cybersecurity. I’ve also some information on this topic Difference between Information security and Cybersecurity.
The reason I’ve selected this topic today Because as it says, this is one of the most popular topics in the Market.
I’ve been there since people keep his information secure and private. There are different term and different terminology being used in the market on information security, cyber security, IT security, and network security. These are all the term which are used by the people as secure his information and keep it private.
So, there are many thin lines on the Difference between information security and cybersecurity.
- Basic concepts
- Difference between information security and cybersecurity.
- Protecting Digital Assets.
- Evolution of cybersecurity.
- Importance of cybersecurity.
1. Some basics of Information security and cybersecurity.
- Information security deals with information regardless of its format- It concerned with paper documents, Digital and intellectual properties, minds or verbal and visual communication.
- Cybersecurity is concerned with protecting digital assets:- Everything from networks to hardware and information that is processed, stored or transported by an internetworked information system. Additionally, concepts such as Nation-state sponsored attacks belongs almost exclusively to cyber. Security.
According to NIST().
- Information security: The protection of information and information system from unauthorized access, use destruction in order to provide confidently. Integrity and availability.
- Cyber Security: The ability to protect and defend the use of cyberspace from cyber attacks.
2. Difference between information security and cybersecurity.
- Both terms are often used interchangeability.
- Cybersecurity refers only to electronics security. Information security is brother term that on compasses all data both physical and digital.
- Cybersecurity is about security things that are vulnerable through ICT.
3. Protecting digital assets.
- NIST and ENISA have identified five functions necessary for the protection of digital assets.
- Identity: Use organizational understanding to minimize risk to the system, assets data, and capabilities.
- Protect Design safeguard to limit the impact of the potential event on critical services and infrastructure.
- Detect: Implement activities to identify the assurance of cybersecurity event.
- Respond: Take appropriate action after learning of a security event.
- Recover Plan for resilience and the timely repair of compromised capabilities and services.
4. Importance of cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity focuses on protecting computers, mobile devices, networks, applications and data from unauthorized access.
- Policies that emphasize the awareness of cyber security to all employees, including the process instructing how to handle cyber attacks.
- Prevents companies from hacking, Phishing, and Dos attacks.
- Ensure safer data processing.
- Ensure the safety of online transactions and personal information exchanged over the internet.
- Facilities secure and reliable collaboration that protects the privacy of an individual.
5. Final Thoughts.
- Remember the key elements of success is “communication”.
- First evaluates the true status of the company before engaging in any cybersecurity program.
- Ensure our company covers the basic principles and standard in terms of information security.
- Involve your Information security team. In team and “business” to understand and determine the scope of the program.